Tuesday, June 09, 2009

2009 CSA: Week 2

First, some recipes from last week!

I ate a lot of salad using the lettuces and arugula (delicious!!!) and I especially LOVED the arugula. Mmmm... arugula. Drool.

Oh, anyway... I used the garlic scapes in a goulash with some buffalo (recipe later).

I sauteed the spinach with some butter and garlic... and ate the whole bag in one sitting. I couldn't stop.

I loved the perfect little sweet strawberries, and I ate them all within 3 days! I used a few to make a gelatin dessert too.

The cilantro went into a curry.

I gave the radishes away to a very appreciative friend, I dont like radishes.

Made the broccoli raab into a sautee:


Broccoli raab.

Broccoli raab and herb goat cheese.

Ingredients:
1 bunch broccoli raab, cleaned and chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 sprigs rosemary
2 T butter
1 oz herbed goat cheese
Salt and pepper
Directions:
1. Heat butter over med-low and throw rosemary sprigs in. Let heat about 5min to infuse rosemary flavor into butter.
2. Remove rosemary, add onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add tomato and cook until heated trough.
4. Add broccoli raab and wilt. Pump up the heat o get a good saute for about a minute.
5: Plate and crumble goat cheese over. S&P to taste.

Primalish strawberry gelatin dessert: water, cream, gelatin, strawberries. Thats it! Here is one in a little jam jar:

Here is one I cubed and showing with a little cream.

This weeks CSA! 2 lettuces, dandelion greens, salad mix, peas, sage plant, vitamin green (a really great asian green from what I hear), dill.

2 comments:

  1. Can you come live with me? I am loving both the raab and dessert! Wow! I knew you were good- but not this good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha THANKS Jodi! I dont think I can live with you- but Im willing to exchange a couple meals and desserts for room and board on a vacation visit! THAT sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete