Tuesday, June 02, 2009

2009 CSA! Week 1

I will be chronicling my 2009 CSA experience here. I am getting my CSA from Mile Creek Farm in New Lebanon Ohio. They are really great at communicating and answering questions, and I am excited to see what the CSA thing has to offer!


Week 1: June 2 2009
Recipes in newsletter: Green enchiladas, Broccoli Rabe with Orechetti & Pistachio Arugula pesto.


5/9 bushel box contains: green and red leaf lettuce, salad mix, spinach, arugula, cilantro, radishes, garlic scapes, buckwheat sprouts, broccoli raab and strawberries.

The box I picked up...

Opened, taking a peek inside...
Look at all of it!
Lettuce and greens.
Clockwise from top left: red leaf lettuce, arugula, spinach, salad mix, green leaf lettuce.
Non lettuce stuff.
Clockwise from top left: radishes, garlic scapes, strawberries, cilantro, buckwheat sprouts.
More garlic scapes.
Yum strawberries... these are te best ones I have ever had!
So pretty
Just look at it!
I think this CSA thing is going to work out quite nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment