Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Primal dinner.

So I am still doing the primal thing. Its easier as time goes. I DID cheat for my Bday, but... uh, that's my Bday! I have been pretty good about the diet so I am not too concerned. Surprisingly, it was easy to get back to it after cheating for 2 dinners and 2 desserts. Like, no cravings. Cool! Still need to get a workout plan going.

Anyway here is what I made for dinner the other night: Mexican grilled smelts, grilled leeks, grilled portabellas, roasted peppers and tomatoes and a little avocado and lime. All with chimichurri aka the best stuff on Earth!!!

Smelts are just small fish. That's all. I ate the bones and stuff b/c well... they aren't super bone-like. Just chew really well, or pick around them. I marinated them in a salt free Mexican spice blend I picked up at the health food store. then just grilled them.

Chimichurri is a sauce that originated from Argentina. I made a little change to mine and added a couple grilled tomatillos. Because I like them. And I can.

Chimichurri recipe by me
Large handful parsley
Large handful cilantro
2 grilled tomatillos
3 cloves garlic
1/4 c EVOO
Juice of 1 lime
3 T red wine vinegar (or enough to make it saucy... consistency AND appeal, haha)
Salt and pepper
Chili powder to taste

1. Put parsley, cilantro, tomatillos, garlic, oil and lime juice in food processor. Process.
2. Add vinegar until you get a thick sauce.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste, and however much chili powder you desire. For me, it was like... 1ug. I'm a wimp.
4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. If it lasts that long.

I put this on EVERYTHING. Even my eggs in the morning. Its so tasty.

Spread.
Close up of mushrooms, avo and lime.
Blurry pic of peppers and tomato.
Smelt.
Chimichurri... guarded by dinosaurs! Rawr!

No comments:

Post a Comment