Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The best chocolate chip cookies ever!

Cookies. With chocolate chips in them. Chewy ones. Moist ones. CHEWY ONES!!! I have never been a big fan of cookies myself, but I make a mean cookie (with chocolate chips in it) so why not? I only ate 2 of these... theeeeen I ate 2 more in doughs worth while I was making them. Doh! I eat around the chips. I don't much like chocolate, so the dough is in dangerous territory... while the little chippies can just stroll along without the fear of the Tara-monsters jaws. I have a purpose. You shall see. Lets just dive right in, shall we?
Simplicity itself.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
2 1/4 c all purpose flour
1 t salt (i use a little extra b/c salt + choc = yum)
1/2 t baking soda (I use Aluminum free)
1 c butter, melted
3/4 c dark brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
2 T corn syrup
1 egg
1 egg yolk
seeds from 1 vanilla bean, or 1 t extract
few drops almond extract
1 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
1. Mix melted butter, egg, egg yolk, corn syrup and sugars. Add vanilla and almond extract.
2. Add salt and soda. Add flour in ~1/2 cup increments until well combined.
3. Add chocolate chips.
4. Put dough in refrigerator for at least 2 hours until firm, or overnight.
5. When dough has firmed up, preheat oven to 325F.
6. Spoon dough out onto cookie sheet while dough is cold. You want about 2 tablespoon dollops, spread about 3 inches apart. You can round them out if you like, but I just chucked them onto the pan. I lined my cookie sheet with a silpat, but I would recommend using minimal grease or spray to reduce spreading.
7. Bake for 13-15 mins, or until they look aaaaaalmost done.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes on pan, then slide off onto cooling rack. Be careful with them!
9. Try at least one while still warm and melty.
10. Yum.
Chocolate and vanilla. Homemade vanilla= 3 beans and some Ciroc vodka to cover. Wait 3 months. Enjoy.
Tower of cookies.
This is what a sunrise should look like.
Look at that. Just look at it!
These chippies survived the Tara-monster's jaws. The first time.
Oh sweet chewy delightfulness.
Cookies an (raw) milk.
There are no words. Well, "om nom nom" might sum it up quite nicely.
Tara-monster's jaws!!! Oh, did I mention I made these for my Orthodontist and his awesome crew? They rock. I'm getting the tooth jewelry off tomorrow so they deserve a treat for dealing with me. They shall get all the cookies I made (minus 2 I ate and 2 the roomie ate).

Go make these. Now! Let me know what you thing of them!

Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment