Crock Pot Pulled Pork
~3 lb pork roast (I get mine from a local farm- no grains in this hog! Organic too.)
1 bottle low carb BBQ sauce (only 3 g carbs per serving!)
Some stock (ham stock if you have it), I used chicken.
2 T Liquid smoke
2 Bay leaves
1 T Cumin
1 T Paprika
1. Put roast in crock pot. Add 1/3 cup BBQ sauce over roast. Add liquid smoke, bay, cumin, paprika and stock to cover roast halfway. Add salt if you like it. I added a little beer too, well... because I could! Play around with it!
2. Set on low for about 6-8 hours. Remove roast and let cool until comfortable to handle. Drain liquid from crock pot, reserving about 1/2 cup.
3. Cut into palm sized chunks, and commence pulling apart with your hands! FUN!
4. Put pork back into crock pot, set on high. Add reserved liquid and enough BBQ sauce to make yummy. I used about 3/4 cup. Add salt and pepper to taste. I added a little liquid smoke too, just to give it a little more smoky flavor. Let heat for about 20 minutes or until hot.
5. Done! Active cooking time: 20 mins!
1 bag coleslaw mix
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup yogurt (I used homemade strained yogurt)
1 T vinegar
1 t lemon juice
salt and pepper
Journey to the south, via paper map. Dont forget the tea, with stevia.
Looks so good!