Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The best chocolate chip cookies ever!

Cookies. With chocolate chips in them. Chewy ones. Moist ones. CHEWY ONES!!! I have never been a big fan of cookies myself, but I make a mean cookie (with chocolate chips in it) so why not? I only ate 2 of these... theeeeen I ate 2 more in doughs worth while I was making them. Doh! I eat around the chips. I don't much like chocolate, so the dough is in dangerous territory... while the little chippies can just stroll along without the fear of the Tara-monsters jaws. I have a purpose. You shall see. Lets just dive right in, shall we?
Simplicity itself.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
Ingredients
2 1/4 c all purpose flour
1 t salt (i use a little extra b/c salt + choc = yum)
1/2 t baking soda (I use Aluminum free)
1 c butter, melted
3/4 c dark brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
2 T corn syrup
1 egg
1 egg yolk
seeds from 1 vanilla bean, or 1 t extract
few drops almond extract
1 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
1. Mix melted butter, egg, egg yolk, corn syrup and sugars. Add vanilla and almond extract.
2. Add salt and soda. Add flour in ~1/2 cup increments until well combined.
3. Add chocolate chips.
4. Put dough in refrigerator for at least 2 hours until firm, or overnight.
5. When dough has firmed up, preheat oven to 325F.
6. Spoon dough out onto cookie sheet while dough is cold. You want about 2 tablespoon dollops, spread about 3 inches apart. You can round them out if you like, but I just chucked them onto the pan. I lined my cookie sheet with a silpat, but I would recommend using minimal grease or spray to reduce spreading.
7. Bake for 13-15 mins, or until they look aaaaaalmost done.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes on pan, then slide off onto cooling rack. Be careful with them!
9. Try at least one while still warm and melty.
10. Yum.
Pictures!
Ingredients.
Chocolate and vanilla. Homemade vanilla= 3 beans and some Ciroc vodka to cover. Wait 3 months. Enjoy.
Chippies.
Tower of cookies.
This is what a sunrise should look like.
Look at that. Just look at it!
These chippies survived the Tara-monster's jaws. The first time.
Oh sweet chewy delightfulness.
Cookies an (raw) milk.
There are no words. Well, "om nom nom" might sum it up quite nicely.
Tara-monster's jaws!!! Oh, did I mention I made these for my Orthodontist and his awesome crew? They rock. I'm getting the tooth jewelry off tomorrow so they deserve a treat for dealing with me. They shall get all the cookies I made (minus 2 I ate and 2 the roomie ate).



Go make these. Now! Let me know what you thing of them!

Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment