Here’s what I want you to do:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
Things I would never eat.
Things I have eaten.
Links to wikipedia from VGT.
Tara's Omnivore’s Hundred: 68/32, not too bad.
2. Nettle tea: Ill try that sometime
3. Huevos rancheros: for brunch.
4. Steak tartare: and carpaccio
5. Crocodile: and alligator
6. Black pudding: in england
7. Cheese fondue: many times
10. Baba ghanoush: make it
11. Calamari: lots
12. Pho: lins with rachel
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart: and a bite from taco from a street cart in Tijuana
17. Black truffle: @ Alinea
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras: @ Alinea b4 the Foie ban thing
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese: ewww
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper: I cant handle spicy foods
27. Dulce de leche: I love milk products.... mmm.
30. Bagna cauda: sounds good
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl: not much on the bread bowl thing though
33. Salted lassi: and mango and strawberry
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar: I dont smoke
37. Clotted cream tea: <3>
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O: Its all about the sugar solubility when getting max % OH in the Jello shpots people!
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects: ants, crickets, mealworms
43. Phaal: too spicy
44. Goat’s milk: in the fridge right now
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more: I wish
46. Fugu: not yet
47. Chicken tikka masala: its one of my faves
48. Eel: I looove eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut: only a couple times
50. Sea urchin: in sushi... ewww.
51. Prickly pear
54. Paneer: made my own
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal: I didnt ever have a bigmac until like 3 years ago, and thats the only one ive had. no meal though, I dont like soda.
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV: here in DYT actually
59. Poutine: gross
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores: der
63. Kaolin: ehhhhh
64. Currywurst: maybe, I would have to see it
65. Durian: NEVER AGAIN, well... maybe if it was covered up by a TON of sugar?
66. Frog's legs: @ Alinea
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake: I looove churros
69. Fried plantain: I also like plantain. and yucca
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette: heellllllll nooooooo. I will never eat the rectum of anything!
71. Gazpacho: made it
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe: @ a party
74. Gjetost, or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict: but made sauce w/o yolks b/c I cant eat them
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant: full tour @ Alinea the week it opened, whatev... it'll get there whenever they do a Chi-town guide!
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare: rabbit
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam: never again
92. Soft shell crab: made it
93. Rose harissa: damn you harissa!!! Ive been looking for this for like 2 months. Fuck it, im making it. Stupid spice blands.
94. Catfish:not so good
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox: make it
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta: make it
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
Ill add: marmite, sofrito, nori, homemade butter, chestnuts, organic milk, nutella, kippers, panettone... more stuff Im probably forgetting.