Here you go people! Hope you try the adjustments I made and that you like them! Here is the original recipe Yum posted ( http://yumsugar.com/806378 ). My changes are marked with asterisks (**)! Warning: the dough is freakin delicious so good luck getting the full yeild.
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
**1/2 cup pecan meal (grind pecans in processor until sandy)
**dash almond extract
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar**change to 1/4 cup
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
** 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine butter, sugar, extracts and egg.
3. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add pecan meal. Reduce speed to low and add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
4. Shape dough into 1-1/4-inch balls.
5. Place balls into 24 greased muffin tins.
6. Make indentation in each cookie with thumb (I used a pestle, but you could use a melon baller or even the bottom of a shot glass).
7. Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl and fill each cookie with 1 rounded tsp. filling.